Friday, October 10, 2014

Results of a Crazy nesting mood.

Hi everyone,

Finally back from my long long break. I gotten busy with life and in the midst, a precious new life is growing inside my belly. Yup, I am preggy with my 3rd child, currently at 26 wks, and the baby is a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! You can imagine the excitement when we found out her gender after having 2 hyper active boys in our life. The envision of cute dresses and cute hairstyles i can try on her just filled my mind every single day.

I started to revisit my sewing corner and started to churn out lovely and girly clothes for my little girl and not to forget my little niece Chloe that was born in July back in Singapore. Sewing for girls are so addictive! Who can resist the sweet ruffles and girly details compared to straight old plain boys clothings? And i can envision myself sewing cosplay costumes for my darling girl in the near future (if she's interested in being a cosplayer and live on my cosplay dreams. LOL!)

And the following are the results of my crazy nesting mood: (Pardon for the shitty hp pics. I am too lazy to dig out my camera and use it.)

First up is a handsewn newborn booties:



Fabric: Cream flora quilting cotton from stash. Pink satin Bias tapes from stash and white satin ribbon for ties. Cost: $0USD since all from stash.
Pattern: A baby Japanese sewing book from my books collection.

Next up I started 2 sets of Ninja Costume for my boys for coming Halloween. Completed the green one so far and the black pcs are cut out but got churn aside to make way for girly sewing.

 
Fabric: Broadcloth from Joann- Green and black 3 yards each.
Ninja sword and accessories from Target-$6USD
Pattern: Mccall 6184 Karate costume

I used the 2T size for the green version which is meant for little brother but they turned out to be too big! it suits my 4Y Aidan just nice so i have to switch characters for them instead and i modified the pattern pcs and cut a smaller black version for Allen.

This is Allen trying on the costume, i got to fold up the sleeves and pants in order for him to function properly in it.
 
A peplum romper.
Fabric: Light Pink Polka Dots Cotton From Joann. Laces and buttons from stash.
Size: 3M
Pattern: Cute clothes for Kids Book brought from amazon



 
Elegant dress that will be making its way to my niece soon.
Fabric: Light pink Kona cotton from fabric.com
White cotton lace from stash. (I still got 9over yards of it left. Brought them yrs back in bangkok fabric wholesale market.)
Pattern: Simplicity 4711. In the s size for 6months. I added a lace panel in the front bodice and lengthened the skirt.

 
An appliqued Baby bloomer. First trial on applique using wonder under and obviously i haven master my satin stitch yet thus the awkward edge stitching and hand stitching.

 
Leggings and hats using free baby go to leggings patterns and free baby hats pattern from zaaberry.com. Both knits are picked up from Joann remnant bin.


 
A simple hand embroidered itty bitty dress.


 
 
I love this the most: A cross back Jumper dress with matching bloomers.
 
Fabric: Pink seersucker from fabric.com and white broadcloth from stash. Simple and sweet design.
Pattern: One of the big 4 companies.

 
Another quite sew: itty bitty dress with matching headband and ruffled bloomers. I used my plain old bloomer pattern and just added a row of ruffles to the back. But i attached it too high up, will lower th ruffles in future creations.

 


 
The lovely baby patterns from Oliver and S.
Since little A will be due in Jan next yr, i got to prepare some cosy wear for the cold weather.
 
Fabric: Flannel from Joann. Puple bunnies cotton on clearance from Joann too.
Snaps are from babyville.
This set is 0 to 3 months size, tiny and puny cute!


 
This set are gifts for friend who just gave birth.
Fabric: Pink tutti frutti swirls fabric remnant from a hawthorn top i made previously. White broad cloth and huge white satin ribbon from stash.



 
The bunny cotton dress and a super naughty mummy. I just cant resist trying the dresses on my little boy to c how it actually looks even though the dress is sized for 3months but my 2Y little boy is so tiny, he can wear it as a top! LOL.
This dress has already made it to Niece Chloe and I will be expecting a cute pic of her in it soon.
 
Pattern: Cute clothes for kids book


 
A cotton bodysuit this time using O+S pattern. The design is great and the instructions are really clear making the sewing a breeze. I will definately sew up more of this bodysuits in bigger sizes soon.



 
After sewing so many items for Little A, guiltiness overcame me and i pulled out this reindeer flannel from stash which i brought last yr to make into christmas pj for the boys but never got to it.
 Fabric: Flannel from Joann brought last yr.
Pattern: Sewing for boys book. The sweetheart Pajamas.
The pants are super long! so i ended up using the 2T pattern for Aidan pants instead and it fit him just nice. For Allen, i got to fold up the hems twice as usual.

Ok, that's all the craziness for today, coming up next will be a tutorial and free pattern for a baby crossover top with 2 sleeves options. Stay tuned!



 

1 comment:

  1. Your sewing is amazing, it looks professional. So many wonderful outfits to drool over!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete