Thursday, April 23, 2015

KCW Day 3- Hoot! Sunsuit

Sewing and sewing non stop during the kids naptime and late into the night. All for kids clothes week. LOL! Yesterday I finished this cute little sunsuit romper for Baby A. I love dressing her in rompers as I do not have to look for matching pants or bloomers.

 
Materials used: Embroidered owls pink seersucker fabric
Elastics
Brown ribbon
Ladybug buttons


 
I haven mastered shirring yet. So I sew 3 rows of casing and inserted elastics through them. Elastic casing for the leg openings and even the straps have elastics in them too!

 
I love seersucker fabrics! they are a breeze to work with and is cooling, great for the coming summer heat. The straps button at the back. The awesome ladybug buttons are scored at a Goodwill trip yesterday. One bag of unused batting, tons of brand new buttons and 2 new coats and Clarks sewing thread for just 99cents! What a great deal!

 
Wobbly baby...

 
Added satin ribbon bows to the front for embellishments.

 
Lots of room to grow into and the elastics make sure that the fit is good.

 
The cute embroidered hooty owls.


 
Hot off the sewing machine, pardon my washable markers ink.
 
I still have many tops and skirts to finish up for my first etsy kids apparels collection. Stay tuned!
 
Thanks for visiting,
Xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment