Thursday, May 23, 2013

A peter pan collar top, a failed shorts and a pretty quilt

As mentioned in the previous post, I had finished working on a peter pan collar top using New Look 6193 sewing pattern. I made version C using black polyester as base and white poly poplin for the contrast collar. All of them have been in my stash since dunno when... (Another great stash busting project) At first, I wanted to add the short sleeves to it, but I only have 1 yard of the black poly blend, so end up have to make do with the sleeveless version. This pattern asks for self made bias tape, which I am super lazy to follow, so I used white ready made bias tape that I had in my stash as well.  I cut a straight size 6 and the only alterations I made is to shorten the bodice length. And after I am done with version c, I find it a wee bit boring in the placket area, so I added 3 buttons to it. Tadaa! It looks so much cuter with the buttons. This top is quite easy and it only took me about 2-3 hrs from cutting to finishing. One more thing great about this top is that: No ironing is needed! Yay! Will be churning out more of this tops in other colors and sleeved versions.

I am so in love with my new lip colour. Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Haute Pink. Thinking of getting more other shades to try out:)
 
 

 
And this green shorts I am wearing, is actually a wearable muslin I completed last week. The pattern for the shorts is from Japanese sewing magazine FEMALE that I brought years back. They are something like burdastyle magazine but their pattern sizes only comes in s, m, l and xl only. And their designs are those loose kinds so less dealing with fitting issues. Luckily I made a muslin for the shorts, cos this pattern is really too baggy and loose for me, as I am a 'buttless' person. I will cry if I had used my precious expensive stretch twill fabrics that I brought in sg to make into bottoms. This green twill fabric is a free gift from the Chinatown fabric store auntie. Only 1 yard of it, but since it's a free item, I dun mind cutting into it for this trial shorts. I used pink zipper for it as it is the only correct length zipper I had in my stash. In order to avoid exposing my pink zipper, I can only wear long tops with this shorts and most probably only at home ba .


Fake pocket flaps in green polka dots cotton:)
 
 
 Lastly, I finally finished a small hexagon table topper quilt for my friendly neighbor. It's my official first try with hand piecing hexagon quilts, and the fabrics I used are a moda quilt bundle I brought back in Singapore and a blender bundle brought at walmart. Sorry for the poor pic quality. It was taken using my iphone and I already gave away this darling. Next quilting project: A hexagon piecing queen size quilt and a round table topper. When will I ever finish them?
 
 
Thanks for viewing my blog:)
Ashley
 

6 comments:

  1. The "A peter pan collar top, a failed shorts and a pretty quilt" is very good, love your dresses and styles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top is beautiful! I love it!
    http://CreationsbyValery.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete