Friday, September 6, 2013

Completed: Endless Stockinette



Summer is finally over! And it is time for KNITTING! My pathetic wardrobe is in need of fall and winter wear. And I dun really wan to get them from stores, so I stocked up on my yarn stash and is working real hard in the knitting area as well.





Pattern used: Lion Brand Yarn Website. (Modified to cater to my smaller frame and laziness...)
Yarn used: Red Hearts Aran Weight Super Saver Yarn in Cream. Around 2 skeins.
Needles: 4.5mm needles
Duration taken: 1 whole week of mindless knitting.
Thoughts about this project: Super easy and boring project as it is just a big rectangular shape consisting of 1x1 ribbing and stockinette. I shorten the length required as I figured the free size fit should be too big for myself, and so as to avoid knitting that many rows more of stockinette.

Turns out this shrug is super cozy and the cream color also goes well with many other colors as well.



Ya! It's this simple. HA! You need to register as a free member in order to access their online web patterns. But frankly speaking, you just need to cast on 34 inches width of stitches and knit 1x1 ribbing till 2inches and continue with stockinette stitches till you hit 37inches in total length and change back to 1x1 ribbing for another 2 inches and bind off. Then you just fold the pc in half and seam up the side edges leaving 1 hole on each side as the sleeve holes. That's all:)




Sorry for the horizontal line. I blocked it by folding it in half and thus the crease...
Still have 2 more projects to blog on, but that will be till tomorrow as the living room now is a total chaos because of the 2 boys while I am busy looking at my laptop .

Thanks for stopping by
XOXO Ashley...

1 comment:

  1. love your dress and this shrug! just found your blog through burda and i love all the stuff you make! :)

    ReplyDelete