Sunday, June 16, 2013

Black Swiss Dots Alma Blouse

Long time no see! I have been busy sewing and sewing non stop everyday since my husband went for his overseas trip. Shall slowly upload the sewn projects one by one. And good news! I will be starting a humble etsy shop selling handmade clutches, purses and clothes. Do watch out for it and show some support:)

On to my lovely new blouse. The sewaholic alma blouse:) Been itchy to start on it ever since I got hold of the pattern one month ago. It's a really simple and versatile pattern, with so many variations you can create with it.
Background-Kitchen.. Notice the stains on my camera lens? LOL!
 
Sewing Pattern Used: Sewaholic Alma Blouse Version A
Materials used: 1.5 yards of Black swiss dots from fabric.com. Medium weight interfacings and invisible zipper.
Changes made: I cut a straight size 4 and shorten the bodice by 1cm. Overall the fit is still a bit loose on me. But I like it this way. Used a 9" zipper from my stash cos I dun have any 12".
Will I wear it?: Of course! I love it! The swiss dots fabric is so soft n comfy. I already wore it twice before I blog this post. Although this fabric is a wee bit sheer, I didn't line it cos it's black. And it's perfect for this hot summer weather now.
Notes: This swiss dots fabric is a breeze to sew. I still have 1.5yards of remnant left to be made into another lovely summer top... Hmm what pattern should I use? Any recommendations?
 
 
No make ups as usual...

Ar! The little one also wanna join in the shoot.

Looks great without the sash as well:)
 
On my table: I am halfway through another alma blouse in version B in Michael millers anchor away fabric. Can't wait to finish it tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment