|Aidan wearing the tee. The tee is still a bit oversized but its ok, they grow so fast. Making it bigger can lasts longer:)|
The pattern is available for download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1mfg0r422ohbztl/lvXI639ifN
Note: I am no way a professional pattern maker and so on. And the patterns are all hand-drawn and scanned. So pls pardon the untidiness and if there is any error, pls notify me @ email@example.com and I will look into it. Thank you!
Finished tee measurements for size S, M, L and XL
Chest: 65cm, 68cm, 70cm, 78cm
Length: 37.5cm, 40.5cm, 43.5cm, 46.5cm
Sleeve: 15.7cm, 16.5cm, 17.5cm, 18.4cm
1) Download the files in the link above and print them out. Make sure that your printer are set to print with no margins.
2) Tape the sleeves (2 pages), front bodice (2 pages) and back (2 pages) together matching the notches.
3) As the patterns doesn't include any seam allowances, you got to add your own by following the amount stated in the pic below. There is no need to add any seam allowance to the neckline as we will be using a bias tape.
5) Stitch the front pc, sleeves and back pc together at the diagonal seams. Iron the seams open.
6)Next will be to bind the neckline with the bias tape. Firstly, fold 0.8cm down one side of the long edge of the bias tape and press. Stitch the side seams of the tape together with a SA of 1cm. Then pin the unfold edge to the right side of the neckline. Tip: Stretch the bias tape to fit the neckline. Stitch 1cm from the edge round the neckline. Fold the bias tape up along the stich lines and turn it over. Align the folded edges with the previous stitch lines, pin in place. Lastly, stitch as close to the folded edge as possible round the neckline.
7) Stitch the side seams of the tee from the sleeves all the way down and iron the seams open.
8) Turn up the hemlines of the sleeves and the front and back hems and stitch them down. (You can use zig zag stitches or a double needle)
9) Tadaa! the tee is ready for action! Now is the time to sit back and relax and see your precious babies enjoying themselves wearing mummies' work:)
Do share with me your completed tees at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment in this post with the links if you have used my free pattern. So I can collate and put up a post specially for readers' projects:)