Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nautical Alma Top

 
Pardon my messy hair... This is me and my big boy saying ahoy mateys! LOL. He is getting better at posing:)
I brought this anchor away fabric by Michael miller from fabric.com last month. 3 yards of it, and I can churn up one alma top for myself, a suspenders shorts for my big boy, a bow clutch and still have a bit of left over which I am thinking of a messenger bag for my boy. LOL. I really did made full use of the 3 yards isn't it?
 
Pattern used: Sewaholic alma blouse
Materials used: Michael Miller Anchor away in boy blue, white cotton broadcloth
Changes made: I cut a straight size 4 for this top and only shortened the bodice by 1cm. Ohya I also shorten the mid length sleeves to suit the summer weather here. Really hot!
Time taken: 2-3 hours? Not really sure. As its' my second time sewing this alma blouse, everything just kind of whips up in a whiz.
I never sew a sash for this top cos from my previous experience with my swiss dots alma top, I am just too lazy to dig out the sash and wear it.
 

I really like how the peterpan collar is different for the top and under pc. This helps to ensure that the peterpan collar lays flat and the folded line around the collar will be hidden underneath.

Sorry for the wrinkleness. I have been wearing this top the whole day before I remembered to take the pics for this blog.

 
Shop updates: New clothing added! Custom make a cute little boys suspenders for your little ones here. Available in 3 sizes and lots of fabric choices.
Handmade with love toddlers boys suspenders shorts
 
And my little boy allen is my super model of the day.
 
Thanks for viewing! XOXO Ashley
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment