Saturday, January 18, 2014

FO: The Elder tree shawl for my mum



 
Tadaa! The shawl for my mum...
Pattern used:  The Elder Tree Shawl by Sylvia Bo Bilvia
Material Used: Lion Brand Heartland Yarn in Yosemite colors.
Needle: 5mm circular needles.
 

This elder tree shawl pattern  got a much more intuitive chart, that can be repeated forever, and that means I can make it as big as I wanted it to be! And the chart is easier to memorise, so halfway through the lace knitting, I had already memorized the chart and just knit on without having to refer to the pattern again n again.
 
 
My super messy hair. (consequences of not going to the salon for 1 full year.)
Can't wait to chop them off soon.
 

As this yarn is much thicker, the shawl knits up pretty fast and I am able to finish it within 3 days. And tis shawl is soft and snuggly with no itchiness. The wool of Andes lonely tree shawl do gave me a slight itch when in contact with the skin. I might be a bit sensitive to the wool content. The downside of acrylic shawl, is that it doesn't block as well as the wool one. So there are different pros and cons of the yarn content.
 
 
A lovely accessory to keep the chills away. Actually, I am not the kind of accessory person. I got 5 earholes with 0 earrings on. The only ring I wear is a gold ring I had when I got married. Yup, I am too lazy and can't be bothered to accessorize myself. But the shawl is another thing. It is the only accessory I looks forward to wearing now.
 
 
Argh! I really love this shawl. Maybe I should knit up another one for myself in other colors again! LOL!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by:
Ashley
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment