Monday, January 6, 2014

FO: My 'Lopi' Vest

The holidays are over! And Aidan is back to pre school again. The blogging mojo is back! Haha... Just spent nearly 45mins shooting all the finished knitting projects. First on the list is a colorwork vest I finished way back in last year oct? Can't remember...
 
 
Pattern used: Létt-Lopi Vest by Védís Jónsdóttir (Free pattern!)
Yarn used: Lion Brand Wool Ease in Dusty Rose, Light Pink and Brown heather.
Needles used: 5mm and 4mm Circular knitting needle.
 
 
It's really fast and simple cos mostly is mindless stockinette with a touch of stranded color work. The arm openings are just stockinette as well, thus there is a bit of curling there, but it looks nice to me. I made a mistake... Again... Can u guess what it is?
...
...
Yup u got it! The colorwork section looks a bit lengthy right? I knitting this in the XS size and while following the color work chart, I didn't notice the (this round only for l and XL sizes) beside the charts. I only found out about I finished the whole chart... Oophs. Closed one eye and carry on.... Heehee...
 
 
The hemline and neck line consists of moss stitch and I youtubed a stretchy cast off technique for the neckline. I am not sure it's becos head is bigger than average or what cos the stretchy neckline is a still too tight for me. Needed to give it a real tug to get it over my head.
 
Theres' also a bit of waist shaping to give the vest a more flattering look and I love the yarn, its getting more and more softer and comfy after every wash. And is washing machine and dryer prove. Last but not least, it's cheap! Well I only buy them when they are on 50% off or uses Joann 50% off coupons. So that makes them at a mere $3usd per skein. The cashier of Joann was so shocked when I passed her 20pcs of 50% off coupons I collected and she said it's her first time scanning so much coupons in one purchase. Extreme Joann couponing... LOL!
 
Sob... Looking at the pics, I really did gain quite a bit of weight... Y oh y did I munch so much on the holidays snacks... The cold weather really makes one hungry more easily, isn't it?
 
That's all for today... Expect more posts to come since I finished all the photo shootings today.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by:
XOXO
Ashley
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment