Thursday, January 16, 2014

FO: The Lonely Tree Shawl

 
My first try with shawl knitting... And I fall head over toes with it.
 

Pattern used: The Lonely Tree Shawl by Sylvia Bo Bilvia
 
Yarn Used: Knit Picks Wool of Andes in Red. x2.5skeins.
 
Needle: 5mm Circular knitting Needles.
 
This shawl knitting is really addictive. Once I casted on and started on the charts, I just can't stop knitting and looking forward to the end of chart C. As I used a thinner worsted weight yarn for it, the shawl turns out to be a lot smaller than expected after I finished chart C. I am so tempted to continue with Chart D to make it bigger but I was afraid that I dun have enough yarn to finish it. Nevertheless, this smaller shawl looks lovely after blocking and I casted on another one immediately after but using the eldertree shawl pattern instead.
 
 
Knit pick wool of the andes yarns are so warm and cosy! I still have a few skeins of navy, white n grey remnants. Still deciding on the knitting project for the yummy yarns.
 
 
 I just brought a matching shawl pin from Joann last weekend. Can't wait to wear it tml morning when sending Aidan to school.
 
I had finished the second shawl and planning to send it back to Singapore as a gift for my mum. Singapore tropical weather isn't really suitable for warm wear but the shawl would be a nice accessory for my mum whenever she had to make a trip down to the cold hospital for her check ups.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by:
XOXO Ashley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment