Thursday, July 4, 2013

Shorts for Shorts On the Line Sewalong

Today is 4th of July and I brought my boys outdoors for a photoshoot for the shorts on the line sewalong... It's really hot in Phoenix, so I must make use of the early hours when the sun is not as hot. There are 4 pair of shorts I have made so far for the boys. The patterns i used are from the book sewing for boys.  The mimi suspenders shorts and a shortened version of the treasure pockets pants.
C how happy they r going for the shoot just outside our door. LOL!
And they are dressed in Patriotic theme:) Perfect for today!



Baby Allen is wearing a shortened version of Treasure Pocket Pants.
The fabric used is a helicopter print cotton with navy kona cotton as base.
The elastic pockets are really cute and this pair, instead of having the bias tape facing inwards, I had it facing out in a contrast color: red satin. I love the pop of the colors and I also used red stitching for all. Cute! I can't wait to make more of the TPP shorts for my big brother too! He's so jealous that his little brother had the helicopters on his shorts...  
 

 
A close out of the shorts. Andinside snaps of my sewing. I am a very messy sewist and have been trying very hard to correct my habits and neaten the stitches.
 


 
I love the style of the Mimi suspenders, and the tab at the back is a good location to add some embroidery. First pair I sewed is this Mimi shorts using Michael miller anchor away fabric remnant. And the second and third pairs of Mimi shorts, I used a light blue cotton by Riley blake. I brought 3 yards of this fabric and made 3 pairs of shorts actually. 2 for my boys and 1 as a baby shower gift for one of my friend. I added hand embroidery to the back tab for a little embellishments and also easier for me to differiate whose shorts it's for.
 


 
Sorry for the crumbliness. They have been wore quite a lot of times and gone through the washer n dryer before I took the product pic.
And below is some modeling by my baby boy.
 


 
So which pair of shorts you like best?
 
I am entering them in
 
Have you joined this sewalong? They got lots of cute shorts for inspirations.
Thanks for reading! XOXO Ashley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment